Are you ready to start taking Graduate REALTOR® Institute classes to earn the GRI designation, but would like assistance paying for the classes? If you're a WeMAR member, you have the opportunity to apply for a GRI scholarship. There is criteria to meet. Let's see if you're eligible to apply.
WeMAR GRI Scholarship
Applicant Criteria Scholarships will be awarded to five (5) members who have been licensed for one (1) year and less than five (5) years. Members are required to join and participate in a minimum of two (2) Professional Development Council meetings and one (1) other WeMAR Council meeting each calendar year. Applicant must be an active member of WeMAR and in good standing for the duration of the scholarship.
Do you meet the requirements? Let's review how this works.
- Scholarships will be awarded to five (5) members who have been licensed for at least one (1) year, and less than five (5) years.
- Recipients are selected via random draw.
- Members who already hold a GRI designation are not eligible.
- Members can choose one (1) or two (2) classes in a quarter from the AAR GRI Requirements form.
- After recipient receives an approval email from WeMAR, they must pre-register and pre-pay for their scholarship class.
- Members can apply every quarter and every year.
- Reimbursement will be issued after every quarter to those who have completed the exam and passed.
- If the recipient cannot attend the class, they must cancel their registration in advance or course reimbursement will be forfeited.
- Students who do not take the exam within the specified time period will not be reimbursed for the class.
- All GRI classes must be taken at WeMAR and be completed in two (2) years.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the member does not attend the class, complete the course, or does not take the exam within the 72-hour exam period without notification per AAR’s requirement.
- After every course taken, members will need to submit their certificate to the Education Director.
- When taking a GRI Core class, members will need to submit their passing grade to the Education Director.
Scholarship Dates October 1-October 25: Applications are available
October 31: The only day to submit
November 1-November 24: Review received applications
November 25: Scholarship announcement
January 1: Begin taking GRI courses
print your application